New York, US (January 11th, 2018)
HappyOrNot, the company responsible for creating the globally-recognizable ‘Smiley’ feedback system, today announces the launch of Smiley Touch™, a touchscreen terminal that empowers customers to provide more feedback than ever before, and in turn supercharge company decision-making.
Building on the success of its first product – with over 25,000 Smiley Terminals™ installed around the world, receiving over 700 million feedbacks points to date – HappyOrNot also announces new branding capabilities for its terminals, while making significant updates to its reporting services. HappyOrNot’s Smiley Touch will be unveiled at the NRF 2018 Retail’s Big Show & EXPO in New York, January 14-16 2018, at booth #2239.
The Smiley Touch is a touchscreen tablet terminal, with mobile network technology, which offers three-tier surveys, providing organizations with even more insightful customer feedback. The survey consists of:
- Main question – The Smiley Touch comes with an attention sign for posing questions to customers. Examples of typical questions and prompts include: ‘how was your experience with us today?’ or ‘how friendly was our staff?’ Customers then answer by choosing one of the four ‘Smiley’ feedback options.
- Follow-up question – Customers are then presented with a secondary, follow-up question. If a customer expresses dissatisfaction with a particular issue, the follow-up question will display a pre-selected list of causes, such as ‘waiting time’ or ‘service’, allowing for more insightful answers.
- Open feedback – A text box and touch screen keyboard allows customers to give qualitative answers.
HappyOrNot has also introduced branding packs for both its internationally-renowned Smiley Terminal™, which itself has undergone a visual revamp, and the new Smiley Touch. Through fully customizable branding packs, the look and feel can be altered depending on their brand guidelines, and the aesthetics of the airport, retail outlet, or office space that it stands in. Companies can choose to have HappyOrNot’s in-house design team create a design based on their logo, or alternatively create their own with easy-to-use design templates.
To coincide with the release of Smiley Touch, HappyOrNot has also made improvements to its reporting service. Clients can track and manage their service performance using intuitive and interactive data analytics, accessible 24/7 via the online dashboard, mobile, and automated email reports.
- Quick View – Provides an instant overview of a company’s key performance results, which are summarized in simple, informative widgets, enabling a focus on the most important information.
- Analytics – Presents a deeper analysis of customer feedback. Analytics allows companies to evaluate their past and current performance, research long-term trends, and pinpoint exactly where and when a decline in customer happiness was experienced.
Ville Levaniemi, HappyOrNot Founder and Executive VP, comments:
“At HappyOrNot, we strive to innovate, providing tools to clients for the collection of even more actionable feedback so as to empower them to enhance their services. As a company specializing in feedback, we naturally apply the ever-evolving needs and requirements of our clients to our terminals and the reporting service which defines them.”
Brad Winney, President & GM, HappyOrNot Americas, adds:
“The Smiley Touch represents a bold step forward for HappyOrNot, not only in that it is a modern, touchscreen device, but with our simple three-tier survey and open feedback interface, we capture much more data at scale, providing the ultimate tool for organizations looking to gain a greater understanding into customer perceptions.”
The announcement of the new products and services means that organizations will be given even more detailed access to, and analytics for, extensive customer or employee data, allowing them to apply scientific rigour (rather than hunch-based logic) to implement management and HR decisions. Now, even minor changes to a company’s service or structure can be evaluated, with management teams able to directly monitor changes in satisfaction levels to correlate customer happiness with sales.
HappyOrNot was founded by Heikki Väänänen and Ville Levaniemi in 2009. The company currently has over 4,000 clients in 117 countries (and a global reseller network of over 110 companies), and has recorded over half a billion responses to date.
The company currently employs 65 people across its HQ in Tampere, Finland, and US office in Florida. Its clients include Microsoft, McDonald’s, London Heathrow Airport, LinkedIn and the British National Health Service (NHS). In 2017, The Financial Times listed HappyOrNot in the top quartile of the FT1000 Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies.
In October 2017, HappyOrNot raised $14.5 million in a Series A round of funding led by leading venture capital firm Northzone (early Spotify investor) and Airtree.
For international media enquiries please contact:
Nicholas Baines / Andrew Skinner
0044 207 221 1540 / 0044 749 659 7439